Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Bake Peanut Butter Treats

So this month for Taste and Create I was partnered up with Glenda from Busy-at-Home she has a very nice and organized recipe index that was a breeze to browse through (very unlike my index- I never tag- urgh)I'm big in desserts so I wet with something I thought I could toss together while the kids were attached to my legs.
This one did the trick! They both helped me beat down the graham crackers and we all shared in eating a treat when they were set!

This is super simple and can be adapted well. Think chunky peanut butter or nutella, it's possible they could become even better. As it is, I've been waiting for my husband to have a day where he's in the office so he can take them out of my fridge so I can stop nibbling. Sometimes I think this blog thing is detrimental to my diet. Long story short- these are good. Wait to make them until you can send them away!

No Bake Peanut Butter Treats
printable
(adapted from busy-at-home.com)

Ingredients:
* 1 cups butter, melted
* 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
* 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 1 lb. powdered sugar
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
*2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips

Directions:
Crush graham crackers into crumbs- get out some pent up frustration.(or buy crumbs if you’re feeling ‘zen’)

Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.

Add peanut butter, powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs to butter and mix well. It will form a soft, moist dough. I used my Kitchen Aid for this - and it was a dream. If you feel like a work out - use a bowl and spoon.

Press the dough into a lightly greased 9x13 parchment lined pan (I LOVE parchment)

In another microwave safe container, melt the semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until they are completely melted and spreadable.

Spread on top of the peanut butter mixture till smooth. Melt dark chunks in the similar fashion and drizzle on top of the semi sweet. IF you want pretty little bars- score the chocolate now, for easy, no breakage cutting later.

OR (what I would have done if I were thinking clearly about it) use candy molds or mini silicone cupcake molds. They would be utterly adorable and no cutting to worry about.

However you do it, after done spreading chocolate refrigerate until chocolate is set!

3 comments:

briarrose said...

I love this type of treat. Looks wonderful.

Eliana said...

Hmmm - you had me at te no bake with these girl. They look awesome and nothing beats a dessert that is easy to put together.

Unknown said...

made this the second i came across it. SO YUMMY :D

Post a Comment