Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies



I love a good Oatmeal Cookie. I'm personally a fan of the soft and chewy vs the thin and crispy. These are my favs, defiantly soft and chewy. My favorite way for an oatmeal cookie is perhaps chocolate chip with pecans. Healthy I know. My second favorite is with dried blueberries. Oohhh next week you may see dried blueberries and white chocolate chips..THAT would be an awesome cookie! However, I'm currently out of blueberries in dried form. So that brings me to today's recipe.

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1c butter, softened
1c white sugar
1c packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1t vanilla
2c flour
1t baking soda
1t salt
1 1/2t cinnamon
3c quick cooking oats
1c dried cranberries or blueberries or whatnot...

1. Oven to 375. Spray the baking sheets or use parchment paper.

2. Cream the butter, sugars. Beat in eggs one at a time, add vanilla.

3. Combine the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix into the butter/sugar mix until combined.

4. Stir in oats and cranberries.

5. Spoon in cookie ball size onto pans and bake for 8-10. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Keep in airtight container for 3ish days.

No comments:

Post a Comment