Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cinnamon Blondies


I was making a box of goodies for my husband and realized that I didn't have a 'bar' to send in there. The last ones were received so well (butterscotch cashew)that I knew I needed to include another- if all else fails just to keep the box 'standardized'. I have a bit of OCD. Since it was the end of my baking day I was running low on ingredients so I had to scour for something that didn't involve nuts and chocolate chips (I know takes out most of the fun stuff)...came across these babies. I'm really glad I did! These have a great texture to them...I see them as a jumping board for some really awesome treats! If I left them simple next time...I'd do a big ole cinnamon sugar sprinkle before I baked them. Give them a bit more 'oomph' than the coarse sugar I just did. I'm thinking - add some cinnamon chips and they'd be pretty darn tasty!

Cinnamon Blondies
(adapted from Sugarlaws)
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract

1. Oven to 350. Line a 9x13 with parchment paper.

2. Sift together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.

3. In your hand dandy mixing bowl mix up the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla.

4. Slowly add the dry to the wet. Mix until incorporated.

5. (here is where you can add extras- think cinnamon chips, white chocolate chips, walnuts would rock here too) I figure about a cup.

6. Spread into prepared pan - smoothing with a spatula or do like I did and spray your hands with some Pam and pat it down.

7. Bake 25-30 minutes or until an almost clean toothpick. Cool completely before trying to cut. Makes approx 30 bars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound great...I would add some nuts, toasted walnuts or pecans!

Post a Comment